Orrville has a residential population of 10,863 (3 mile radius), a daytime population of 21,514 (5 mile radius), and a median household income of $53,000 (10 minute drive time).
Major retailers in town drawing on traffic counts on State Route 57 of 11,000+ per day, include:
- Grocery: Buehler’s Fresh Food Market, Dollar General, and Save-A-Lot
- Automobile: Serpentini Chevrolet Buick, White’s Ford, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Advance Auto, Flynn Tire
- Pharmacy: CVS, Rite-Aid
- Restaurant: Que Pasa Authentic Mexican, McDonalds, Old Carolina Barbecue, Baja West Coast Kitchen
Current market research shows that Orrville has an overall leakage of $84 million dollars annually.
Orrville’s 10 largest employers employ approximately 4,000 people include:
- The J.M. Smucker Company - 1,800 employees
- The Quality Castings Company - 340 employees
- SmithFoods - 300 employees
- Venture Products - 300 employees
- The Will-Burt Company - 260 employees
- Aultman Orrville Hospital - 230 employees
- Jarrett Companies - 225 employees
- Bekaert Corporation - 220 employees
- Orrvilon (Holtec) - 180 employees
- Scott’s Miracle Gro - 100 employees
The local workforce is 68% Blue Collar and 30% White Collar. The average salary is $41,830.
Orrville City School District
The Orrville City School District consists of elementary, middle and high school on a central school campus with 1,620 students enrolled.
Wayne College, The University of Akron’s only regional branch campus, enrolls 2,500 students each semester. The 160 acre campus located on the north edge of the City of Orrville is equipped with state-of-the-art distance learning technology.
Aultman Orrville Hospital
Aultman Orrville Hospital employs 230 and is a 25-bed critical access facility offering 24/7 emergency care. Since 2017, Aultman Orrville Hospital has been recognized as one of “67 critical access hospitals to know,” by Becker’s Hospital Review, a leading health care publication based in Chicago.